Ian Rankin hears from Pete

Brian Cady brianinatlanta2001 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 23 07:28:00 CST 2008

>From The Independent:
http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/commentators/matthew-bell-the-iiosi-diary-1031032.html

Rebus author Ian Rankin reveals he has been receiving fan mail from Pete Townshend. In an interview with 'Q' magazine, he says that the Who guitarist is a fan of his work, and has been in touch. "I was very moved that you used music from The Who's 'Quadrophenia' at the funeral for Rebus's brother," [in the book "The Naming Of The Dead"] Townshend wrote in an email. But while Rebus is one of the finest detectives of our time, Rankin's sleuthing skills leave something to be desired. "There isn't a return address," he complains. "There's no way of getting back to him. So we have this funny communication. I keep putting him in the books in the hope that he will send me another email."

 -Brian in Atlanta
The Who This Month!
http://www.thewhothismonth.com