Kilburn 1977 audio problems

JOELTLE515 at aol.com JOELTLE515 at aol.com
Sat Nov 22 11:17:53 CST 2008

In a message dated 11/18/2008 12:30:10 AM Eastern Standard Time,
sroundtable at aol.com writes:

> Ok, I desperately need some help here.? Did anyone else find Pete's guitar
> almost inaudible for most of the show and John's bass almost overwhelming??
> While I love John's stupendous bass work, I need to be able to hear Pete's
> power chords loud and clear to fully enjoy the show.? I'm watching it now and
> can't hear Pete's chord work at all, and must strain to hear his soloing.? It's
> like listening to the vocals, bass and drums from a board recording and
> Pete's guitar from an audience boot.? Is there some setting I need to change to
> get Pete's guitar?? I'm listening to DFTW and can't hear Pete at all.

maybe that is why pete wasn't such a huge fan of this particular show and
they had to do it over again at shepperton. he WAS having guitar problems, at one
point you see him throwing a hissy fit, throwing a drink off the speaker and
twiddling knobs all over the place.  maybe the audio problems are actually the
problems pete himself was having with the sound of his axe.  great show
though nonetheless in my opinion.  as agonizing as those moments may have been for
the band, for us the fans, it just makes the show alot more interesting and
entertaining to watch.

my personal favorite moment above all on the DVD set is the banter between
pete and keith on the coliseum 69 show before "quick one".

"we play the private parts!"
"very little movement."

priceless. : )