Bill Gerber on Moonie movie

Brian Cady brianinatlanta2001 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 18 07:02:32 CST 2008

>From an article on Rock 'n' Roll biopics in today's Variety:
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117996042.html?categoryId=3342&cs=1

...Nobody need tell this to Bill Gerber, who's developing a biopic about hard-living Who drummer Keith Moon and cites the dark Joy Division film "Control" as a favorite. Although the Moon script has been through two drafts with "Sid and Nancy" scribe Alex Cox, Gerber, working with Roger Daltrey and documentary filmmaker Nigel Sinclair, says, "Now we believe we need to go more independent and find a British screenwriter and keep it more organic."

He's quick to add that because of the close involvement of Daltrey (whom he calls the film's "spiritual guide") and Pete Townshend, the project has few limitations...

 -Brian in Atlanta
The Who This Month!
http://www.thewhothismonth.com