Lady Bunny meets The Who

Brian Cady brianinatlanta2001 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 17 06:03:23 CST 2008

>From an interview in Gay Wired:
http://www.gaywired.com/Article.cfm?ArticlePage=2&ID=20832

GW: Oh Bunny. Now in the reverse, who have you been some of the celebs you’ve been disappointed by

LB: Let’s see. You know I was hired at one point to go to the sound check at Radio City Music Hall for The Who. They were starting to tour Tommy for the first time in 10 or 15 years. It was Pete Townshend’s birthday and he’s got some song with some androgynous lyric. So the publicist’s stupid idea was to have me come and sing that song to him in drag at sound check. And he [PeteTownshend] could not have been more displeased. [Laughs]

I’m not going to fault him though because he might be a totally fine guy but it was a stupid idea.

 -Brian in Atlanta
The Who This Month!
http://www.thewhothismonth.com