Nov. 9 in Los Angeles - The Who and Robert Fripp in the same day!

Andy Finn andy at andyfinn.us
Sun Nov 2 20:14:36 CST 2008

Hi all,
Long time reader/lurker, very occasional poster here . . .

I will be in LA this weekend, to see The Who - and Robert Fripp
(guitarist and founding member of King Crimson).

Two things about LA this weekend -

1)  any one interested in meeting up before or after the LA shows?
(anyone have an extra ticket? :)

2)  Want to hear Robert Fripp talk about how to achieve success?
I'm a professional speaker and Patricia Fripp is one of my speech
coaches. She is recognized as one of the top 3-5 Professional Keynote
Speakers in the country (and is also a top-notch speech coach). Her
brother is pretty famous too!

This weekend she will interview her famously reclusive brother in a
3.5 hour program titled:
Fripp Siblings: Patricia & Her Brother, Legendary Guitarist, Robert Fripp
How to Be a Hero on and off the Platform, from Beginner to Mastery in
Business, Performance, and Life
http://fripp.com/patriciaandrobertfripp.html
Saturday, November 8, 2008, Redmond, WA
Sunday, November 9, 2008, Los Angeles, CA, 12:30-4:00 pm
Tuesday, November 11, 2008, Phoenix, AZ

Cost: $75 (well worth it!). Please note, Robert Fripp will NOT be
performing - he'll be doing something even more rare - he'll be talking!

Patricia Fripp is as extroverted as Robert Fripp is introverted.
She's a very talented motivational speaker known for delivering
entertaining and inspirational talks about which audiences rave. This
"interview" session should be pretty cool!  Also, if you've ever
wondered about becoming a professional speaker yourself, you will
leave energized, motivated, and full of possibility!

If you decide to go, let me know - it'd be fun to meet up.

Andy Finn

P.S. - The 10/26 Philly show was The Who at the top of their game!

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
The change it had to come, we knew it all along,
We were liberated from the fold, that's all.
And the world looks just the same, and history ain't changed,
'Cause the banners, they are flown in the next war.

And nothing in the street, looks any different to me,
And the slogans are replaced by the bye.
And the parting on the left, is now parting on the right,
And the beards have all grown longer over night.
- Pete Townshend (Won't Get Fooled Again, 1971)
T. Andrew Finn
Associate Professor
Department of Communication (3d6)
George Mason University, 4400 University Drive, Fairfax, VA 22030
Office: Thompson 109d
E-mail:  afinn at gmu.edu
Web Site:  http://mason.gmu.edu/~afinn/