who favorites

Joe Lewinski lewinski at icanon.com
Thu May 29 15:30:27 CDT 2008

 >/Favorite Who Boots: 1989 Radio City Music Hall, NYC/ Austin Texas
/>/(same tour), 1975 Houston /Check that. The Who only played Austin
once in their career: July 3, 1980. You might be thinking of the Cotton
Bowl show in Dallas -- the last show of the tour -- which was broadcast
on Westwood One (and thus widely booted), Sep 3 1989.

Alan:

I will yield to your greater knowledge of this subject.  I was thrown
off by the banter before
Hey Joe when Pete was rattling off the artists they signed to Track
Records.   He mentioned
some guy....can't remember who it was that "....now lives here in
Austin."    So it was
probably a Texas reference instead of just an Austin reference.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Joe