Childline Rocks review

Brian Cady brianinatlanta2001 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 16 07:15:08 CDT 2008

>From The Daily Star:
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/playlist/view/32285/Daltrey-has-charity-gig-rocking/

 										DALTREY HAS CHARITY GIG ROCKING

 									CHARITY gigs are funny things. You want to enjoy yourself because it’s for a good cause, but sometimes that’s just not enough.

 							 																												 							 							 							 														 							Thankfully, after an evening of watching rockers of yesteryear – Marillion, Fish etc – “strut” their stuff, came Roger Daltrey, a bona fide living legend, to add a bit of class to the line-up.

 Kicking off with the acoustic Two Thousand Years, The Who frontman didn’t look too happy.

 “I’ve never played that live before,” he admitted. “I didn’t know my guitar was going to sound like a banjo,” before glancing over to the sound desk.

 There were no such complaints when he and backing-band-for-the-night Thunder let rip with The Kids Are Alright.

                                          Originally released in 1966, it sounded as fresh as the day it was recorded.

 The stirring Behind Blue Eyes closed, and after a few words of thanks to the organisers, Roger scooted home, avoiding the obligatory sing-song at the end, dignity firmly intact. Top man.

-Brian in (what's left of) Atlanta
The Who This Month!
http://www.thewhothismonth.com