Pete's Blog

Scott Schrade schrade at akrobiz.com
Sun Jun 29 10:20:35 CDT 2008

==========
27th June, 2008
A QUICK UPDATE FROM THE FURNACE
I'm getting along OK.

It feels a little deceitful to report to Who fans that I am writing,
because I assume that you will assume I mean writing songs for
the Who. I'm not there yet, and I'm not even sure I want to go
there, or could go there if I wanted to, or should go there if I
could. I'm just trying to write. I have been listening to an iPod
on random lately and some of my unreleased songs from the past
thirty years occasionally come on mixed with other people's music.
Some of the songs sound wonderful, some of them don't. What is
always surprising is how wide ranging my writing can be. Another
way of putting it would be to say I sound lost.

The most exciting thing for me at the moment is that I am able to
do some things I enjoy, every day. My big studio has been sold
now. I am building a tiny new recording studio control room at the
moment, and doing all the work myself, I am not using any outside
hands-on help at all so it will feel very 'pure-Pete' when it's finished.
I also gave myself a wonderful big room with only a piano in it, and
I'm practising constantly and coming up with some good pieces. I'm
swimming pretty often at the moment too. I feel good, and I'm pretty
happy.

Rachel is really busy developing her musical (ASH) and I enjoy
engineering her demos at home. It helps me keep my hand in
technically.

The big news is that Nicola Joss has arranged for me to get a
haircut for the VH1 TV show.