A Man Is A Man

Keithjmoon70 at aol.com Keithjmoon70 at aol.com
Mon Jun 23 11:13:15 CDT 2008

>I thought I was the only one who loves A Man is A Man. It's a very  honest
>and emotional song. Sounds like something that would have fit on  Empty
>Glass.

I agree, Matt.

That song means so much to me.  It has meant something since I was 17  years
old and now I'm 43. There is something important on every line. I thank  Pete
from the bottom of my heart for helping others to open up and seek to be
real. He makes it ok to not feel the need to pretend.  He pays a price when  he
does this but it makes it somehow easier for the rest of us.

-And here are the wonderful lyrics for us all to enjoy:

You talk about your crazy affairs
You talk about your life as though it really mattered
You get attention 'cause you block the stairs
bragging about some bottles you have shattered

Well I met a man who really lives
He really does it all
But what really matters is the heart he gives
He makes your talk seem small

When a man is a man, he doesn't act to a plan
He don't have to perform like John Wayne in some b picture flick
A man is a man, when he can offer his hand
Not afraid of appearing insane if he can't break a brick
I know a man who's a man

Can't you sometimes crack a smile?
Do you think if you did we would run and tell?
I know one day your big villain style
Will collapse as they turn the key in the door of your cell

I know a man who was once like you
But he opened his heart
No one is really that bad right through
He's just another part

When a man is a man and he drinks 'til he's canned
He can drop to the floor, he can weep, but he won't ask the price
A man is a man, he can fall he can stand
We wont love him more if he keeps his soul on the ice
I know a man who's a man

Everyone of us is looking for fame
He's a looker, he's a dresser, he's a genius under pressure
I know a man who could tighten your rein
He's a father, he's a brother, he's a rocker, he's a lover

He's a man he's a man, he doesn't act to a plan
He don't have to get hitched to a train in some muscle beach trick
A man is a man, when he can offer his hand
Not afraid of appearing insane if he can't break a brick

Be a man who's a man