Tenacious D Plan Their The Who Tribute

Martin Bailey mbailey at netsoltek.co.uk
Tue Jun 10 03:35:44 CDT 2008

From: http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2008/06/06/tenacious_d_plan_their_the_who_tribute_

Tenacious D did a Tommy medley when I saw them on their last tour.  This looks even more exciting.

IMO, sounds like they'll be doing the extended MG with all the Tommy bits etc.

-MB

Jack Black's crazy rock duo Tenacious D are to use their Metallica support shows in England as a platform to honour their heroes The Who.

Black and pal Kyle Gass are rehearsing a The Who medley, which they'll perform at their upcoming British shows.

The funnyman tells WENN, "We're doing some concerts in August, opening for Metallica and we are very excited. We've decided to use the occasion to pay some kind of tribute to The Who and do a medley of sorts, probably from The Who Live At Leeds, which is the greatest live album of all time. I can't wait to play in front of that many people; we've never played as huge a crowd as 50,000, so it'll be fun."

Tenacious D won't be the only act honouring The Who this summer - Pearl Jam, the Flaming Lips and the Foo Fighters will pay tribute to the group when the British rockers are feted at VH1's third annual Rock Honors show in California in July.

NetSol Technologies Europe Ltd.