Martha Wainwright on Pete

Brian Cady brianinatlanta2001 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 6 13:37:05 CDT 2008

>From Click Music:
http://www.clickmusic.com/articles/8276/Interview-Martha-Wainwright.html

Can you tell me what it was like to work with Pete Townshend?

We were only in the studio together for a couple of hours. It wasn't planned that he would be on the record necessarily - he's a friend of mine and a fan, and we've worked together before. He's played on some of my songs on his television show, and on stage as well. I wanted to play him some songs to give him an impression of what I had, and make sure I was in the right direction. I asked him if he'd like to play on something, and he said "sure". I said we don't have to put your name on if you don't want to, but obviously it's very exciting to have such a legend do anything around you. It was nice, I think, for him and I to not put so much pressure on the fact that he was going to do it, and to just work.

 -Brian in Atlanta
The Who This Month!
http://www.thewhothismonth.com