Who T-Shirt and Who's Next

Alan McKendree amck at thenetdr.com
Mon Jul 21 14:44:07 CDT 2008

> From: "Martin Bailey" <mbailey at netsoltek.co.uk>
> Date: July 21, 2008 8:35:09 AM CDT
>
> I was wearing my favourite "Hope I Die Before I get Old" shirt,
> which always seems to attract weirdos.
>
> "You can't really mean that.  You don't want the boy to grow up
> without a father".  She said, and walked off.
>
> I was stunned...I was actually left feeling quite upset.

Sorry to hear it, Martin.  Next time, hit her with the short, punchy
"Have you ever heard of The Who?"  They likely will stop long enough
to answer, and the answer will probably be "no", if they chose to
make an issue of the phrase in the first place.  Then you can take it
from there.

Cheers,
Alan McKendree
Townshend, 1967