rumours of unrest in the who2 camp...

Stephen Fairbairn seeker at elkvalley.net
Mon Jul 21 11:36:18 CDT 2008

A previous post made reference to the potential unhappiness between
Roger and Pete and the set up for the tour-to-be.

If it is true, and that the spat is over Pete wanting to play new
music and Roger wanting to stick to the tried and true.....

I side with Pete. I for one am tired of the greatest hits parade.
Certainly they can -play a few of the better songs of Wire and Glass
to add newness to the set list. Certainly they could also play some
lesser played songs too....

However, as a song writer, Pete just might want to show some of his
craft to the public.

Now, he could also choose to tour as 'Pete Townshend', but then he
would not likely get the large audiences.... (I'd go see the show) In
fact, I would be excited over a PT tour (maybe some White City work,
some Psycho work.... lots of new and rarities???) where as I am not
excited about another greatest hits rehash.

If there is still something in 'The Who' machine beyond goobs of
money off the backs of us, then play new songs. If not, then call the
tour 'Its About The Money, Honey', and be done with the rest.

Like I said a year and a half ago... Tea and Theatre was a neat way
to say goodbye. To thank fans. To say so long.

My vote is 'play new songs or stay home'.

Steve