Who T-Shirt and Who's Next

Martin Bailey mbailey at netsoltek.co.uk
Mon Jul 21 08:35:09 CDT 2008

I was at a carnival on Saturday.  I was pushing a pram with my three-month old son in.

A woman came up to me and, in an caring Irish accent, asked if that was my son.

"Yes".  Obviously.

"You're wearing a strange T-shirt." she pointed out.

I was wearing my favourite "Hope I Die Before I get Old" shirt, which always seems to attract weirdos.

"You can't really mean that.  You don't want the boy to grow up without a father".  She said, and walked off.

I was stunned.  There was no time to point out the complexities of "being old is a state of mind, not just a number of years".  It was all quite disturbing, and I was actually left feeling quite upset.

On a lighter note - later that day.  My five year old daughter was looking at the cover of Who's Next.  (And comparing it to the Lego version at http://www.flickr.com/photos/hubcam/2593680174/sizes/o  .)

"I know which ones are boys and which ones are girls," she said, astutely.  "There are three boys and one girl."

I had to laugh.  Poor Roger, it can't be the first time someone has mistaken his long golden hair for a girl's.

-MB

NetSol Technologies Europe Ltd.