Seeking Advice! - Who tickets for NJ - Pato

Joe Lewinski lewinski at icanon.com
Fri Jul 18 12:09:03 CDT 2008

Pato,

I saw The Who in 2006 at MSG.  I paid $250 for a scalped ticket outside
the venue
for row 3 directly in front of Pete.   The ticket turned out to be a
fake.   I was fortunate
that it was not confiscated, but I was denied access to the arena.   I
quickly paid another
$50 to someone for another ticket high up in the rafters.   I gained
entrance with the
2nd ticket because it would be accepted by the bar-code scanner at the gate.

Then I used the fake, row 3 ticket to gain access to the floor once the
lights went down
and The Who hit the stage (I waited by the concession stands during the
warm-up
band's performance and scoped the floor seats to see if I was going to
put somebody
out if I sat in their seat.)

When I arrived at row 3, there were 12 seats available.   Slowly they
filled up, but a few
to my right never did, so people just moved down 1 seat and all was good.

I don't recommend this as a habit, because I was nervous the entire show
about being
tossed, and I didn't want to be a @ick to the people around me that paid
for a seat
that I was sitting in.    I was ready to vacate as soon as the rightful
owner made a claim.

I would be very cautious about buying scalped tickets unless you can compare
the printing, paper stock, and every detail to a real ticket.

Hopefully you'll get good seats during the pre-sale.   The first few
rows will be hard
to get unless you get lucky or pay big bucks.   You can always move up
during the
show for a few songs and if you have friends / assets in place you may
be able
to *visit* their seats for a few songs, or stay the entire show if
things work out.

Go to pre-show gatherings, make friends with other fans that might want to
share their up-close experience with you.   Buy them a few beers and all
shall be well.

Good luck!

Joe in Philly