VH1 Rock - Honors The Who

Keithjmoon70 at aol.com Keithjmoon70 at aol.com
Fri Jul 18 09:04:37 CDT 2008

>>  However, it was a bit difficult for me to watch/hear  was the obvious
aging of Roger's voice.

(and say)

>You gotta give it to Roger though, he does not mail it in.    He sounded
>good to me on everything.
>T&T was proof that this  guy still has it.   No wall of sound to hide
>behind on that  one.

I agree.  That was very good.

I watched this as if I'd never seen the Who to get a feel for what others
might think as compared to the younger bands that did such a great job. (I  like
how Roger showed his appreciation) But then the part of me that has  seen the
Who many times thought about the Roger I'd seen in the past. He's 64,  but in
songs like WAY he sounded more like 54 than 34.  The songs demand so  much.

This is such an important band. There just wasn't another band like  them.
The comments from many showed the respect they deserve.

What I kept thinking is that although these bands did a good job of
reproducing the energy of the past, it was four men in the past that actually
invented this way of playing rock music in the first place.

I would add to what Adam Sandler sang when he said behind those blue eyes
was a big-ass brain.  It takes more than a big brain to write the songs  that
Pete wrote.  There's something much deeper going on there.

All GOOD rock bands owe the Who.

Jon in Mi.

FanHouse Fantasy Football today.