the lead up to "rock honors"

JOELTLE515 at aol.com JOELTLE515 at aol.com
Wed Jul 16 12:46:51 CDT 2008

VH1 classic has been airing brief interview segments during their programming
with some of the show's participants 9caught the end of one with wayne from
the flaming Lips and my mother saw one with tenacious D) and I got to see like,
a 15-minute segment with pete and roger in which they spoke a bit about
politics, the tour coming up being a lead up to a charity gig for michael J. fox
(might be the two gigs @ nokia in L.A. they spoke about that they promised
michael a few years back to do a charity gig for mike's parkinson's organization
but never got round to it until now. and pete spoke about ricky nelson's brother
who's a friend of his that he's a musician and a photographer who is
afflicted with the disease and mentioned his father in law dying from it), the
proceeds from the "rock honors" tickets going to pete's double-O charity and the
teenage cancer trust, and a rather funny incident during the interview happened in
which roger's cell phone went off. pete making remarks like, "oh, it's that
russian bird, innit?" rog didn't answer it.   roger with a cell phone.....I
KNOW!    they've also been showing two "news flashes" in which they show clips
from the show, along with footage from some L.A. happenings in which the "rock
honors" played a huge part, including who karaoke where I saw some woman hold
up a mask with roger's 75-era face on it.   also saw grace slick in there
somewhere.

plus, vh1.com mentioned that after the "rock honors" broadcast thursday to
visit the site and catch who songs that will not air on TV.  I guess the other
acts' two numbers will stay intact.   plus, the site has some backstage footage
with interviews conducted by rainn wilson and "after party stories".