Roger: We've Done Enough

Alan McKendree amck at thenetdr.com
Thu Jul 10 23:30:17 CDT 2008

> From: jimthewhofan at aol.com
> Date: July 10, 2008 9:29:13 PM CDT
>
>>> On the Who’s fan forums Townshend expressed even more ambivalence
>>> about the
> future. “I am no longer a member of a band called the Who,” he
> wrote. “I am Pete
> Townshend. I used to be in a band called the Who. It does not exist
> today except
> in your dreams.<<
>
>  Pete here is confirming what I think many of us have thought since
> John Entwistle died six years ago: The Who is over.
>
> There used to be a band called the Who.

Yep.  Thus the terms Who2, Who's Left, etc.  Plus this: "There are
many Who fans who have just as good a time watching one of the many
fantastic Who tribute bands as watching Roger and Pete (and their
supporting musicians) pretend to be who we used to be.” It's true,
I've heard some of them (fans) say so.

Cheers,
Alan McKendree
Townshend, 1967