Latest download from Longliverock.org

Chris Frate cfrate at roadrunner.com
Wed Jan 30 22:05:07 CST 2008

Yes gang, that is correct! This is the show I told you about a few months
ago. It turned out pretty well, although certainly not as well as, let's
say, Live at Leeds, but we tried. I am the drummer and sing most of the lead
vocals, my poor daughter Gabriella sang the women's parts (I say "poor"
because we wouldn't transpose the music to fit a woman's register), and my
brother Darren plays the amazing bass. The DVD is worth downloading if only
to hear him. If you want to check out some clips before downloading the show
and see who else was in the band, go to our website,
www.centerforrockresearch.com.

Since not everyone lives in town, my brother is always on the road with the
Hermits, and "The Center" is designed for tackling really complicated,
ambitious projects, we unfortunately only plan to do one show per year. If
it were up to me, the next one would be Quadrophenia, but the other guys
might want to take on another challenge. I will say this about "Tommy"
though; I have been playing Who songs for 30 years and knew all the lyrics
by heart going in, so I thought it would be easy to do the show, but it was
a ton of work, and I realized that, even after all these years, I had never
fully appreciated how talented and important John was as a backup singer.

Thanks for noticing Jim!

-Chris in Cleveland