Roger calls Winehouse's dad

Alan McKendree amck at thenetdr.com
Thu Feb 21 08:28:38 CST 2008

>Good for Roger.  Good to see both he and Pete supporting younger acts in
>lots of different ways, actually.   I've been listening to Amy Winehouse
>quite a bit lately.  Alan, did you catch her set at SXSW last year?  I
>downloaded a sample of it the other day and thought it was stunning.
>
>Jim M

I didn't catch her set.  A co-worker did, and he's still blown away,
almost a year later.  I have to admit it's taking me a while to warm
up to her.  The Goth/Cleopatra makeup does nothing for me and all the
hype about her, from music reviews to tabloids, just biases me
against her.  Having said that, I've heard a little of her singing
but not much, and I'm still on the fence.

Cheers,
--
Alan
"the average Texan...carries not just a gun but a SHOTGUN."