TOWNSHEND REVEALS A 2008 WISH-LIST FOR THE WHO

O'Neal, Kevin W. Kevin.ONeal at vtmednet.org
Mon Feb 11 12:26:15 CST 2008

>Jim M
>TOWNSHEND REVEALS A 2008 WISH-LIST FOR THE WHO
>
>I was a little surprised at first by how many of the songs people are
>mentioning came from Lifehouse.  But, there must have been a trend toward
Country around that time.

I think it was a sign of the times.
Late 60's early 70's, the youth culture was turning its back on established society and "traveling North cross land."
They weren't looking past their shoulders as they retreated to country communes to raise animals and live off the land.
The Exodus was here.  The happy ones were near.  Good thing they did it before they got much older.
Why you think I'm up here in VT living in a mountain cabin listening to Phish and Cake (Tre` in trouble again...broke probation)!??!!

"Conventional" Who album?

Isn't that an Oxymoron!

Kevin in VT
P.S.  "All Who...All The Time" mp3 actually *does* have some solo Pete...from Lifehouse Chronicles.
Memory of the weekend was blasting down a fully powder-clogged glade, launching some air over a frozen waterfall...landing in a soft pillow of exploding white powder...all the while Pete's WAY re-mix was kickin' in my head.  Man, that song's got some drive!  I know Schrade is a particularly big fan of that song.  ;-p