If he'd lived, would Moon's back be killing him?

Scott Schrade schrade at akrobiz.com
Sun Feb 10 14:43:14 CST 2008

> well, he moved around alot in concert. so maybe not.  maybe.

Moon sat up very high when he played.  His legs almost never
formed a right angle at the knee.  His leg angle was obtuse (great-
er than 90 degrees).

Sitting up that high almost demands that you keep your back
straight.  Moon had excellent posture when he played.  He hardly
ever slouched or sagged (except when he collapsed!).

Most drummers sit real low which can lead to poor posture
behind the kit.  I like to sit up high when I play, almost attacking
the kit in a downward fashion to increase power.  My back is
always straight.

I've been playing drums for over 20 years & have not had any
back pain caused by my drumming.  I've had back pain, yes;
because I'm getting to be an old goat.  But the times I've played
my drums *with* back pain, I've always felt better afterwards.

My guess is Moon's back would be feeling just fine if he were
alive today.

- SCHRADE in Akron