TOWNSHEND REVEALS A 2008 WISH-LIST FOR THE WHO

Bruce bkawak at charter.net
Fri Feb 8 15:02:38 CST 2008

>> with the producer T-Bone Burnett, who is
>> an old friend of mine.
>

> I've never heard of this guy.  After a quick Google, I know now this:
>
> - he's just had his 60th birthday
>
> - he's recorded a number of songs (enough to fill a recent 40-track
> compilation).  I've never heard of any of them
>
> - he's produced Tony Bennett, kd lang, The Wallflowers
>
> - he's worked on the soundtracks for such movies as O Brother, Where Art
> Thou?,  Walk the Line and The Big Lebowski.  (I've heard praise for all
> these soundtracks before now.)

T Bone is the producer of choice in the Bluegrass/Americana world. He just
did the Robert Plant/Alison Krause CD.

He does have a Who connection. He opened for The Who several times in 1982
including the show I saw.  I thought he was awful.  It was 20+ years later
that I found out that Mick Ronson was in his band at the time.  Ronson was
making chump change touring with Burnett after turning down two grand a
night to tour with Bob Seger.

Bruce