TOWNSHEND REVEALS A 2008 WISH-LIST FOR THE WHO

Martin Bailey mbailey at netsoltek.co.uk
Fri Feb 8 08:22:27 CST 2008

Scott Schrade was the first to quote Pete saying:

> 6th February, 2008
> Not so complicated.......
> You guys know I'm writing. I'm doing a bunch of stuff.

Always good to hear.

> We also talked about revisiting Quadrophenia the way we did it in the
> '90s. This is all work for the Autumn.

Why?   Been there.  Done that.  It's hard to get excited about them performing Quad in it's entirety again.  (As much I love hearing Quad played live.)

They'd have to do a completely different take on it, to make it interesting.

Eg: loose all the actors, guest stars and legions of musicians.  Just strip it down to just RD+PT, and RD+PT+ZS+J"R"B+PP+ST.  No Theatrics, just Music.  Now THAT starts to sound interesting.

> Roger is working on his own idea for an album for us,

Does this mean Roger's writing a song?
Or is this something bigger?
Is Roger coming up with an idea for a mini-opera?

> with the producer T-Bone Burnett, who is
> an old friend of mine.

I've never heard of this guy.  After a quick Google, I know now this:

 - he's just had his 60th birthday

 - he's recorded a number of songs (enough to fill a recent 40-track compilation).  I've never heard of any of them

 - he's produced Tony Bennett, kd lang, The Wallflowers

 - he's worked on the soundtracks for such movies as O Brother, Where Art Thou?,  Walk the Line and The Big Lebowski.  (I've heard praise for all these soundtracks before now.)

> I am hoping to come up with some songs for a
> more conventional Who record.

Ah, music to my ears.

-MB

All currently agreed NetSol Technologies Europe Ltd. [formerly CQ Systems Ltd.] Terms & Conditions and product and service Warranties are implicitly assumed with this Email.

NetSol Technologies Europe Ltd. [formerly CQ Systems Ltd.]. Registered Office Address: Planet House, North Heath Lane, Horsham RH12 5QE, West Sussex, England. Registered in England No. 1998080. VAT:826611533