Pete

Scott Schrade schrade at akrobiz.com
Wed Feb 6 15:06:12 CST 2008

==========
6th February, 2008

Not so complicated.......

You guys know I'm writing. I'm doing a bunch of stuff. However, the
ides of February approaches and everyone around me is piling on
pressure to get some idea what my plan is. I don't have a solid plan.
But after a talk with Roger yesterday we came up with a wish-list style
plan. We still like the idea of playing Japan - especially as Amazing
Journey has yet to be released there and we might be able to give it a
push by performing there around the time of the release this Autumn.
We also talked about revisiting Quadrophenia the way we did it in the
'90s. This is all work for the Autumn. Roger is working on his own
idea for an album for us, with the producer T-Bone Burnett, who is
an old friend of mine. I am hoping to come up with some songs for a
more conventional Who record. There is a chance we might play some
shows in the Festival season this summer. I would want to do that
purely for fun, and I don't want to turn it into a big tour. I need to stay
focussed on my writing. Anyway, thought you'd like an update.
Rachel and I have had sad news lately. Two women we know have
died this week from cancer, one (Meg Fox) a sterling Who and
Rachel and In The Attic fan - the other news was an old friend of
mine who has lung cancer. So there is a real sense of gratitude at
being healthy and alive, and a desire to make this year a good one if
I can.