Jack Nicholson on Pete

Brian Cady brianinatlanta2001 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 3 08:30:23 CST 2008

>From The Sunday Mail:

http://tinyurl.com/2x6wob

Jack Nicholson Looks Back On 50 Years In Film
Feb 3 2008
By John Millar

Then he hit the high notes in the film version of The Who's rock opera, Tommy, and his voice won him yet more plaudits.

"Pete Townshend was great. He was very suspicious of actors singing his stuff when he heard me sing - the reason it sounds effortless is because of him. He rearranged it within my range," said Jack.

"One of my greatest birthdays was when I wandered into a hotel and Pete Townshend and Joe Walsh (of The Eagles) were sitting there with their guitars.

"The three of us sat there and they played and pretty soon I joined in. By the time we had had a few drinks I was rewriting their songs."

 -Brian in Atlanta

The Who This Month!

http://www.thewhothismonth.com