Kennedy Honors Observations

Bruce bkawak at charter.net
Wed Dec 31 19:06:10 UTC 2008

> Wasn't it just?  I'm online looking for Bettye LaVette CDs as we speak.
> I'm
> liking the sound of her 2003 comeback album, A Woman Like Me.  Anyone got
> any other recommendations?
>
> Jim M

I haven't got it yet (I will in the new year) but her last CD "The Scene of
the Crime" was recorded in Muscle Shoals at Fame Studios.  The title refers
back to an album she recorded there in 1972 that was shelved.  It was
released in 2000 leading to renewed interest in her.  Her new CD was
recorded with some of the original session guys like Spooner Oldman and
David Hood. It was Hood's son Patterson who produced the CD and his great
band the Drive By Truckers were also on the sessions.
http://www.bettyelavette.com/scene-of-the-crime.html

Bruce