Kennedy Center Honors CBS Broadcast

jimthewhofan at aol.com jimthewhofan at aol.com
Wed Dec 31 03:11:19 UTC 2008

A powerful recognition of and tribute to Pete and Roger and the music they made.

Naturally, I may quibble with the content of the narration and its accuracy (though I liked Jack Black's onstage reading) as well as with the selection of performers chosen to perform Who music, but overall, it was a nice evening for Pete and Roger, I would hope.

The NYPD and FDNY Choir was especially poignant. As Kenney Jones once said after Live Aid, "The Who always play the big events." Truer words seem never before spoken.