Lennon Song for Christmas

Martin Bailey mobailey at ntlworld.com
Sat Dec 27 11:12:51 UTC 2008

John said:

> Band Aid            Do they know it's Christmas
> Greg Lake           I believe in Father Christmas
> Jethro Tull         Ring Out Solstice Bells
> T Rex     Christmas Bop
> Pretenders          2000 Miles
> Waitresses          Wrapping Paper
> Jona Lewie          Stop the Cavalry
> John Lennon         Happy Christmas (War is over)
> Slade               Merry Christmas everybody
> Wham!               Last Christmas
> The Pogues & Kirsty MacColl   Fairytale of New York
> Mariah Carey                  All I Want For Christmas
> Elton John                    Step Into Christmas
> Bing Crosby & David Bowie     Little Drummer Boy
> Paul McCartney                Wonderful Christmas Time
> Wizard                       I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday
> Mike Oldfield                 In Dulci Jubilo
> Queen                         Thank God its Christmas
> Spiraling    Do you hear what I hear?

No offence, but these are exactly the sort of songs I was trying to avoid!
My wife has got a double CD called "The Best Christmas Album In The World
... Ever!".  Which she brings out every year, and plays ad nauseam.  (As I
do with Who CDs for the rest of the year.)  And, with just a few exceptions,
every song on your list is included on this CD:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Best-Christmas-Album-World-Ever/dp/tracks/B00065EDW0/ref=dp_tracks_all_1#disc_1

> Your CD sounds quite interesting though!

Thanks!

I've dug out the tracklist of my original Alternative Xmas CD.  Here's a few
more of the songs on it:

    - All I Want Is To Hit A Red Dwarf / Thriftshop XL
    - Santababy / Pilchard
    - Winterlong / Neil Young
    - Christmas / My Chemical Romance
    - Alone This Holiday / The Used
    - Every Christmas you fake / Divide & Kreate vs Wham vs The Police
    - Elvis on the Radio, Steel Guitar in my Soul / The KLF
    - Happy Christmas, War Is Over / George and Antony
    - Winter Wonderland / Radiohead

You just can't get any more "Anti-Christmas" than Radiohead.

> Additional tracks I'm going to dig out and add to it are
>
> AC/DC     I Want A Mistress For Christmas
> The Darkness   Christmas Time (Don't Let The Bells End)
> Spinal Tap    Christmas With The Devil
> The Kinks    Father Christmas

Now you're talking!  That's more like it!

-MB