Lennon Song for Christmas

Martin Bailey mbailey at netsoltek.co.uk
Tue Dec 23 13:56:46 UTC 2008

Ernie said:

> well, pick up a copy of "christmas a go go". great stuff on that one. and the
> soundtrack to "christmas with the kranks". sure, the movie stunk,

I'm always happy to investigate any music you recommend.  These do look like curious compilations.  I've only heard of a few songs on each.  Christmas A Go Go looks best - Keith Richards, Ramones, "Santa Claus is Surfin' To Town", Kinks, Electric Prunes and even Joe Pesci all sound interesting.  Pity it's too late to order this CD before Christmas.  Remind me again in November 2009!

This reminds me of own "Alternative Christmas CD" which I burnt a few years ago.  It contains more unusual Christmas songs, that you don't normally get to hear.  For example:

*	Silent Night - Simon & Garfunkle
*	Star of Bethlehem - Neil Young
*	Things I Want - Sum 41 & Jack Black (very funny check out the lyrics at http://www.stlyrics.com/songs/s/sum4110033/thingsiwantfttenaciousd327481.html , D fans)
*	Won't be Home For Christmas - Blink 182
*	Merry Christmas Everyone - Oasis
*	I Believe in Everything - John Entwistle
*	Holly Like Ivy - Pete Townshend
*	Christmas - by, er, what was their name again?

I dig out this CD every year.  Funny thing is, everyone that ever hears it really, really, HATES it.  I guess it's just not happy and commercial enough.

> but the
> soundtrack is a savior.

Is that a Christmas joke?  If it was, I very nearly missed it.  :-)

-MB

NetSol Technologies Europe Ltd.