Olympic Studios to close down

Bruce bkawak at charter.net
Sun Dec 14 16:33:17 PST 2008

http://www.musicweek.com/story.asp?sectioncode=1&storycode=1036448&c=1

17:55 | Friday December 12, 2008

Music Week has learned that EMI is propsing shutting Olympic Studios in West London.

As a result, the major has entered into a consultation process with all of Olympic's 11 staff. It is understood that the studio is not profitable.

An EMI source says, "Olympic staff are highly professional and dedicated and we are very sorry to be doing this."

The Olympic Studios has been host to recording sessions from artists including The Rolling Stones, Jimi Hendrix and Led Zeppelin. (The Who!)

The closure means that EMI now has just one studio asset - Abbey Road in London.

The source adds, "EMI remains committed to Abbey Road Studios and we are working through a long-term plan to develop that business."