Endless Wire, Set Lists, Support Musicians..

Joe Lewinski lewinski at icanon.com
Thu Aug 14 12:30:03 CDT 2008

Endless Wire:

I've been listening to Endless Wire lately.
I think it is an underrated album.  There are some
real gems on this.  I really look forward to the opening
chords to some of the songs.  I'm glad most are short
because it gives one just a bite of different musically styles.

Unholy Trinity, Trilby's Piano, and Black Widow's Eyes
have such contrasting styles that it each takes me to different
places.

I had a chance to listen to the whole album from start to finish
recently (this is a rare occurrence with an ipod.)  It really enteretains
from start to finish.  Even the reprisal of Endless Wire is welcome.

It is only when you compare it to The Who's best work from their peak
does it seem inferior.  When measured against what their contemporaries
are doing, it is superior in my opinion.

Set Lists:

Any guesses on the set lists this coming fall?

I suspect it will be a lot like 2006 with a few surprises
thrown in from the early days.

Support Musicians:

I'd like to see them integrate Simon, Zak and Pino
more into the stage banter and overall act.

These guys are the most accessible members of the
touring band, and in my opinion they should be
given more stage exposure.   It's really up to Pete
to allow them the room to roam (wait, that's a Waterboys album.)

Joe in Philly