The Who - From the Boy to the Man

Martin Bailey mobailey at ntlworld.com
Wed Aug 13 12:56:23 CDT 2008

Last week I said this:

> Here's my latest concept album.  This one is all about youth.  It uses Who
> songs to tell the story of being born, to being a child, through the
> awkward teenage years, and then finally becoming a man.
>
> There's a CD's worth of music here, split into three parts.  The three
> parts can be found here:
>
> http://cid-947af7fe6e297cd8.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/TheWho/Music/From%20the%20Boy%20to%20the%20Man
>

> Hopefully there's a few nice surprises here.  I'll post the tracklist next
> week,

Here's the tracklist:

Part 1:
1. It's a Boy (Pete Townshend Demo) 0:45
2. 905 3:57
3. I'm a Boy 3:42
4. Little Billy 2:17
5. Tattoo (Live) 2:44
6. Real Good Looking Boy (Live) 5:53
7. Commonwealth Boys (Pete Townshend) 3:38
8. English Boy (Reprise) (Pete Townshend) 6:53
9. Rough Boys (Live) 4:33

Part 2:
10. Teenage Wasteland (Pete Townshend) 6:20
11. Medac 0:58
12. Pictures of Lily 2:44
13. Cut My Hair 3:32
14. Slip Kid 4:24
15. The Kids Are Alright 2:45
16. My Generation (Live at the BBC) 3:23
17. One of the Boys (Roger Daltrey) 2:29
18. Summertime Blues (Live) 3:14

Part 3:
19. Man with Money 2:46
20. Young Man Blues (Live) 4:47
21. I'm a Man 3:12
22. When I Was a Boy 3:28
23. Glow Girl 2:27

I like the cyclical nature of the ending.

-MB