Part of Detroit ticket sales for local charities

Brian Cady brianinatlanta2001 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 10 06:19:15 CDT 2008

>From The Detroit News:
http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080808/ENT05/808080445/1361

Part of Who concert ticket price will go to charity
Melody Baetens / The Detroit News

You can feel good about splurging on tickets to see the Who concert coming to The Palace of Auburn Hills.

The band has announced that partial proceeds from ticket sales for its Detroit date will benefit local charities. The legendary rock group has teamed up with WCSX-FM (94.7) in choosing Gleaners Food Bank and Focus: HOPE as the lucky organizations.

The band members say they have always had a soft spot in their hearts for our area.

"Pete and I are very aware of the problems people are having in Michigan and feel we should give something back for all the support we have had over the last 40 years," said Who front man Roger Daltrey in a press statement released Friday.

The Who will hit the Palace on Oct. 21. Tickets go on sale at 10 a.m. Monday and cost $39.50, $59.50 and $79.50.

 -Brian in Atlanta
The Who This Month!
http://www.thewhothismonth.com