The Who at Kilburn 1977 (plus Coliseum 1969) DVD/Blu-RayreleaseNov. 18

Scott Schrade schrade at akrobiz.com
Sat Aug 2 18:17:12 CDT 2008

> wondering going by this and the other press release if the missing Tommy
> songs not listed as part of the 138m of video will be audio only?  Anyone
> please add their $.02:

Bruce, did someone do a rough tally of the total time of this chunk:

> Kilburn Songs: "Can?t Explain," "Substitute," "Baba O'Reilly (Teenage
> Wasteland)," "My Wife / Going Mobile," "Behind Blue Eyes," "Dreaming from
> the Waist," "Pinball Wizard," "I'm Free," "Tommy's Holiday Camp,"
> "Summertime Blues," "Shakin' All Over," "My Generation," "Join Together,"
> "Who Are You," "Won't Get Fooled Again"
>
> London Coliseum Songs: "Heaven and Hell," "Can't Explain," "Fortune Teller,"
> "Tattoo," "Young Man Blues," "A Quick One While He's Away," "Happy Jack,"
> "I'm a Boy," "I'm Free," "Tommy's Holiday Camp," "See Me, Feel Me,"
> "Summertime Blues," "Shakin' All Over," "My Generation"

Is it around 138 minutes?  I bet they're gonna chop some of these songs
up (edit them), 'cause the extra stuff claims to include "extended versions"
of some of the '69 songs.

My guess is that they're gonna try to squeeze segments of *both* shows
onto Disc 1.  And Disc 2 will be a bonus disc featuring more of the '69 show.

- SCHRADE in Akron