The Who at Kilburn 1977 (plus Coliseum 1969) DVD/Blu-Ray releaseNov. 18

Benn Kempster whoboy at fsmail.net
Fri Aug 1 13:34:47 CDT 2008

Does anyone know if this is a US-only release date or can we expect this in the UK at the same time?

Regards,
Benn

Message Received: Aug 01 2008, 12:19 AM
From: "Bruce"
Subject: Re: The Who at Kilburn 1977 (plus Coliseum 1969) DVD/Blu-Ray releaseNov. 18

The press release has been updated to include the setlists. Note: they did
not play Going Mobile at Kilburn. Also, not sure about what they are saying
about the Coliseum show. The Coliseum tracklist is missing two thirds of
Tommy, then the near complete Tommy set is listed as bonus tracks? I'm
wondering going by this and the other press release if the missing Tommy
songs not listed as part of the 138m of video will be audio only? Anyone
please add their $.02:

http://www.image-entertainment.com/dvd/detail.cfm?productID=79346

On December 15, 1977, The Who performed before a select invited audience at
the Gaumont State Theatre in Kilburn, North London, to record a concert for
Jeff Stein's film, The Kids Are Alright, which turned out to be one of the
last live performances by drummer Keith Moon. Shot in 35mm, this holy grail
for fans has been digitally restored and remastered in high-definitiion for
the ultimate The Who home theater experience.
This 2-DVD set also includes The Who's powerhouse London Coliseum gig from
1969, a never-before-seen rarity and one of the band's personal favorites.

Take an amazing journey with The Who like you've never seen or heard them
before, featuring their greatest hits and hours of incredible footage! It's
the rock discovery of the year!

Two incredible concerts - totalling 138 minutes!
Kilburn Songs: "Can?t Explain," "Substitute," "Baba O'Reilly (Teenage
Wasteland)," "My Wife / Going Mobile," "Behind Blue Eyes," "Dreaming from
the Waist," "Pinball Wizard," "I'm Free," "Tommy's Holiday Camp,"
"Summertime Blues," "Shakin' All Over," "My Generation," "Join Together,"
"Who Are You," "Won't Get Fooled Again"

London Coliseum Songs: "Heaven and Hell," "Can't Explain," "Fortune Teller,"
"Tattoo," "Young Man Blues," "A Quick One While He's Away," "Happy Jack,"
"I'm a Boy," "I'm Free," "Tommy's Holiday Camp," "See Me, Feel Me,"
"Summertime Blues," "Shakin' All Over," "My Generation"

Plus 70 minutes of rare Coliseum bonus tracks and extended versions
including the first-ever long performance of Tommy: "A Quick One While He's
Away," "Overture," "It's a Boy, " "1921," "Amazing Journey," "Christmas,"
"Acid Queen," "Pinball Wizard," "Do You Think It's Alright," "Fiddle About,"
"Tommy Can You Hear Me?," "There's a Doctor," "Go to the Mirror," "Smash the
Mirror," "Miracle Cure," "Sally Simpson," "Tommy's Holiday Camp," ""I'm
Free," "We're Not Gonna Take It"