My Generation 2CD Box Japan

Bruce bkawak at charter.net
Tue Apr 29 19:49:51 CDT 2008

Cha Ching, the 2CD comes to about $120 with postage. :(

http://www.cdjournal.com/main/news/news.php?nno=18819&fm=rss

Translated by someone on Hoffman:

World's First CD Issue of The Who's Debut Album, Also in Box Set on SHM-CD
with Cardboard Sleeves

There have been ongoing Who reissues in recent years, and now fans will see
another release! Following on the Deluxe Edition, and the reissue in its
Japanese version with the "Girl's Sleeve," their debut album My Generation
is being released for the world's first time on CD in its original UK mono
version.

The remastering was done under the sole supervision of Jon Astley, working
from the best analogue masters in the band's possession. This marks the
first CD appearance of the mono version of "I'm a Man," and of course the
unedited mono version of "The Kids Are Alright" is also included.
Contemporary singles and studio outtakes, including "Daddy Rolling Stone" in
its first mono CD issue, have been added as bonus tracks. The CD (UICY-6988;
1,980 yen) is scheduled for release in Japan on 25 June.

The same day sees the scheduled release of a Japan-only box set, the My
Generation Box (UICY-93533/4; 10,000 yen). Besides the mono mix, it also
contains the stereo mix of My Generation, along with related singles and
outtakes, on two audiophile-quality SHM-CDs. These discs too are mastered by
Jon Astley.

The box set will include seven cardboard sleeves reproducing unique cover
art from Japan and various European countries at the time of the album's
first release. About 20 contemporary single and EP sleeves from many nations
will also be reproduced on paper sleeves, sized proportionately to the
replica LP covers. The box is a serial-numbered limited edition. This set
will go down in history as a masterpiece of compilation, and you should
definitely get it if you love the Who!

My Generation, original UK mono version (UICY-6988; 1,980 yen)

01. Out in the Street (mono)
02. I Don't Mind (mono)
03. The Good's Gone (mono)
04. La-La-La-Lies (mono)
05. Much Too Much (mono)
06. My Generation (mono)
07. The Kids Are Alright (mono)
08. Please Please Please (mono)
09. It's Not True (mono)
10. I'm a Man (mono)
11. A Legal Matter (mono)
12. The Ox (mono)

[Bonus tracks]

13. Circles (mono)
14. I Can't Explain (mono)
15. Bald Headed Woman (mono)
16. Anyway Anyhow Anywhere (mono)
17. Daddy Rolling Stone (mono)
18. Anytime You Want Me (mono)
19. Shout and Shimmy (mono)
20. Leaving Here (stereo)
21. Lubie (Come Back Home) (stereo)
22. Heat Wave (stereo)
23. Motoring (stereo)

My Generation Box (UICY-93533/4; 10,000 yen)

Disk 1:

01. Out in the Street (mono)
02. I Don't Mind (mono)
03. The Good's Gone (mono)
04. La-La-La-Lies (mono)
05. Much Too Much (mono)
06. My Generation (mono)
07. The Kids Are Alright (mono)
08. Please Please Please (mono)
09. It's Not True (mono)
10. I'm a Man (mono)
11. A Legal Matter (mono)
12. The Ox (mono)
13. Circles (mono)
14. I Can't Explain (mono)
15. Bald Headed Woman (mono)
16. Anyway Anyhow Anywhere (mono)
17. Daddy Rolling Stone (mono)
18. Anytime You Want Me (mono)
19. Shout and Shimmy (mono)
20. Anyway Anyhow Anywhere (alternate version, mono)
21. Leaving Here (stereo)
22. Lubie (Come Back Home) (stereo)
23. Heat Wave (stereo)
24. Motoring (stereo)
25. I'm a Man (stereo)
26. Daddy Rolling Stone (stereo)

Disk 2 (all stereo):

01. Out in the Street
02. I Don't Mind (full-length version)
03. The Good's Gone (full-length version)
04. La-La-La-Lies
05. Much Too Much
06. My Generation
07. The Kids Are Alright
08. Please Please Please
09. It's Not True
10. I'm a Man
11. A Legal Matter
12. The Ox
13. Circles
14. I Can't Explain
15. Bald Headed Woman
16. Anyway Anyhow Anywhere (alternate version)
17. Daddy Rolling Stone
18. Anytime You Want Me
19. Shout and Shimmy
20. Leaving Here (alternate version)
21. Lubie (Come Back Home)
22. Heat Wave
23. Motoring
24. Instant Party Mixture

(Song selection may be subject to modification.)