Keith Moon - Final 24

Matt lenono68 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 14:19:05 CDT 2008

I tried to download these but they don't appear to work. Can you try putting
them up again? Thanks

Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 19:02:16 +0100
From: "Martin Bailey" <mobailey at ntlworld.com>
Subject: Keith Moon - Final 24
To: "Who List" <TheWho at igtc.com>

Saw this documentary last night - gripping stuff.  (Has it been shown in the
US yet? I think it's actually a Canadian documentary.)

The story of Keith's last, sad, day is told, using out-of-focus actors.
 This is interspersed with narrated flashbacks of Keith's whole life.
 Interviews with all the people you'd expect (but not Pete or Roger).
 Altogether, it's an effective way of telling his story.

I remember hearing, a few years ago, that this approach was going to be used
for the Keith Moon film.  Or was there just some confusion between the film
and this documentary?

There's a few live Who clips (MG, Substitute).  Some great clips of Keith
mucking about.  But, ultimately - I didn't learn much that we didn't know
before.  But that doesn't stop it from being a highly entertaining
documentary though.

I've uploaded the videos in three parts to:
http://cid-947af7fe6e297cd8.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/TheWho

(There are some lip-sync problems, but this isn't a big problem as most of
the scenes most of the scenes just include an unseen narrator.)

http://cid-947af7fe6e297cd8.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/TheWho/KMfinal24part1of3.wmv

http://cid-947af7fe6e297cd8.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/TheWho/KMfinal24part2of3.wmv

http://cid-947af7fe6e297cd8.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/TheWho/KMfinal24part3of3.wmv

-MB

--
'Life Is What Happens To You While You're Busy Making Other Plans" John
Lennon