FreeWater- Cover Band

Martin Bailey mobailey at ntlworld.com
Wed Apr 16 15:37:48 CDT 2008

patohdz at comcast.net said

> I just thought I'd let you know that I just formed a band, FreeWater.(we have only been doing covers so far).
> You can visit our myspace page at ....
> http://www.myspace.com/phreewahter

I just took a look - good stuff.

I played "Water" first.  Love that familiar riff.  The guitar intro is the best part of the Who's song, and you've captured it beautifully.  But I kept waiting for the vocals to start...

Then "Substitute".  Good guitar riff.  Great Bass.  But, ironically, this time it was the vocals which ruined it.  Not yours, but the backing vocals; awful harmonies.  (Sorry)

"Just Jamming" - give it a name!  Call it "Fallout" or something.  This has the potential to be a good proper instrumental song.  Again, bass is best.

You need to be careful: your bassist is soon going to be replacing Pino, and you're going to need to find a new bassist

Saw your pic (in the Beatles shirt).  Just seventeen.  Sheesh.

Let us know if you  upload any more Who-related stuff.

-MB