Mary Robbins Retraction...

Martin Bailey mobailey at ntlworld.com
Sun Apr 13 07:31:03 CDT 2008

Joe in Philly PSed this:

> PS.   10 points to Martin for posting 3 CDs worth of tracks.    -15
> points to Martin for posting more than 1 or 2 songs.   So, Martin ends up
> with -5.

Yeah, sorry about that - I was a little bit behind with all the posts.  I
was still reposonding to the original post, which asked something like "what
songs would you put on a CD to gve to a new potential Who fan?"

But, now that I've read that I've read this post:

> Maybe everyone should be allowed two choices.
> One obvious and one curve ball?

I can now add my two songs worth:

Obvious: Who Are You.  Album version.

Curve ball: Slip Kid.

I think that makes the (final?) list like this:

My Generation (Studio)
The Kids Are Alright
Overture (Radio City, 1989!)
Amazing Journey/Sparks (Leeds)
Baba O'Riley
Love Reign O'er Me
Won't Get Fooled Again
Success Story
Join Together
Barbara Ann
Our Love Was
Naked Eye
Magic Bus (Leeds)
Sister Disco
Man In A Purple Dress
Song is Over
My Generation (Live at Leeds)
Who Are You
Slip Kid

That's not bad at all.  But no YMB...?

Scott Schrade's now said:

>  How about this:  What if you could only pick *two*
songs from each Who *studio* album to include on a
comp you were making for a newbie Who fan.

Aaarrgghh!  I can't keep up!  Expect my answer in a couple of weeks....

-MB

PS: thanks for everyones warm words and congrats, btw