Who compilation poll...of sorts...

Scott Schrade schrade at akrobiz.com
Sat Apr 12 11:21:01 CDT 2008

Well, I think it's gonna be impossible for us to come to
a consensus regarding the best tracks to include on a
Who comp.  Too many opinions & too many great
songs.  But that's OK.

How about this:  What if you could only pick *two*
songs from each Who *studio* album to include on a
comp you were making for a newbie Who fan.  Which
songs would make your cut?  Here are mine:

MY GENERATION
My Generation
The Kids Are Alright

A QUICK ONE
Boris the Spider
So Sad About Us

SELL OUT
Mary Anne With the Shaky Hand
I Can See For Miles

TOMMY
Pinball Wizard
We're Not Gonna Take It

WHO'S NEXT
Baba O'Riley
Won't Get Fooled Again

QUADROPHENIA (this one was tough)
The Real Me
Quadrophenia

WHO BY NUMBERS
Slip Kid
Dreaming From the Waist

WHO ARE YOU
Sister Disco
Who Are You

FACE DANCES
You Better, You Bet
Another Tricky Day

IT'S HARD
Athena
Eminence Front

ENDLESS WIRE
Mike Post Theme
We Got a Hit (extended version)

Yes, I stayed away from comps like MEATY BEATY
& ODDS & SODS.  Yes, I stayed away from bonus
tracks on the reissues.  And, yes, no LIVE AT LEEDS.

Using those guidelines, what would your choices be?

- SCHRADE in Akron