Mary Robbins Retraction...

Joe Lewinski lewinski at icanon.com
Wed Apr 9 22:54:12 CDT 2008

I was only joking (I do like the song though) about
God Speaks Of Mary Robbins (GSOMR).

My selection and curveball are:

Selection:

Overture, from the 1989 Radio City Music Hall (starts out with Roger
announcing
    "As Keith moon would have said, 'Have a little respect, it's a
4ucking opera'"

This is the Big-Band Who and from the tour that I first saw Pete, Roger
and John
live.   Some of you may scoff at this selection but it has a very rich
sonic
quality and it encapsulates the whole of Tommy in nice nugget of Who-ness.

Curveball:

Our Love Was, from Sell Out.   This song paints so many pictures for me and
reminds me of what I love (people, places, things, literature and music)
- past
and present.   It is just fantastic drumming too.   Sell Out is a gift
from another
planet.

Here's a version of Relax from the Filmore in 1968.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUz-tvJXbaA

Joe in Philly

PS.   10 points to Martin for posting 3 CDs worth of tracks.    -15
points to Martin for
posting more than 1 or 2 songs.   So, Martin ends up with -5.  That
won't be enough
to beat Tiger!