Worst. Insult. Ever. Part 2.

Martin Bailey mobailey at ntlworld.com
Wed Apr 9 14:52:14 CDT 2008

Today, I was innocentlty wandering around a gargen centre,  An old man
(about 70) walked up to me, pointed at my chest, and said:

"I think it's a bit late for that, mate!"

As they wandered off, his wife told him off for being rude.

I just looked at him, blankly.  I had the feeling I had just been insulted,
but I had no idea why, or how.  What was he talking about?

Was he refering to my (perhaps large) stomach?  (And I was looking at
shelves full of local food produce at the time).  But that made no sense...

Was he referring to my heavily preganant wife, who should have given birth
over a week ago?  Again - made no sense.

I looked down to see what he talking about,  Ah!  It made sense now!

I was wearing my favourite T Shirt.  Part of "The Who" range, made by
Lambretta.  Hand stitched across my chest was the immortal words:

"I HOPE I DIE
BEFORE I GET OLD"

Cheeky bugger.

-MB