Pete performs at Neil Aspinall funeral

Brian Cady brianinatlanta2001 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 8 06:01:09 CDT 2008

>From Contact Music:
http://tinyurl.com/3tlg7k

THE WHO'S PETE TOWNSHEND paid a moving musical tribute to NEIL ASPINALL at his funeral on Monday (07Apr08) - by performing two of Aspinall's favourite songs at the ceremony.

  Townshend played Bob Dylan's Mr Tambourine Man and late Beatle George Harrison's My Sweet Lord at the service in St Mary-the-Virgin church in Twickenham, England.

  Aspinall was widely acknowledged as the 'Fifth Beatle' because of his close ties to bandmembers Sir Paul MCCartney, John Lennon, George Harrison and Ringo Starr. He served as the former road manager and business advisor for the Fab Four for over 40 years, and even sang backing vocals for the group's hit Yellow Submarine.

[In other news from the event, Stella McCartney and Yoko Ono hugged and cried at the funeral. I wonder if Stella said, "I'm so sorry! All this time we thought you were the bad Beatle wife! - BSC]

-Brian in Atlanta
The Who This Month!
http://www.thewhothismonth.com