Led Zep confirmed .... see "WHO" a special guest is!

John pureneasy at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Sep 12 10:50:22 CDT 2007

>From the BBC .............

Rock group Led Zeppelin are to reform for a tribute concert to the
Atlantic Records co-founder Ahmet Ertegun.

Singer Robert Plant, guitarist Jimmy Page and bassist John Paul Jones
will perform together for the first time in 19 years.

Tickets for the one-off show at the O2 arena in London on 26 November
will cost £125 and be allocated by ballot.

Pete Townshend and Bill Wyman will also perform. Ertegun, who signed Led
Zeppelin in 1968, died last year.

"During the Zeppelin years, Ahmet Ertegun was a major foundation of
solidarity and accord," Plant said.

"For us, he was Atlantic Records and remained a close friend and
conspirator. This performance stands alone as a tribute to the work and
life of a longstanding friend."

"I will auction off my blood, organs, and all worldly possessions -
think I'm kidding?"

Led Zeppelin fan

The news is likely to spark a huge rush for tickets as devoted fans
around the world scramble to get into what could be the band's last
show.

Promoter Harvey Goldsmith said tickets would only be available to those
who registered on a dedicated website - and that a limit of two
applications per household had been imposed.

Fans have been excitedly discussing the show on message boards - but
many are concerned about how difficult it will be to get a ticket.

"Who wants to join me sleeping outside the O2 until I can get a ticket?"
wrote one.

Robert Plant (left) and Jimmy Page recorded together in the 1990s
"And if that doesn't work, I can also sell myself into slavery, or if
all of me is not wanted, I will auction off my blood, organs and all
worldly possessions. Think I'm kidding?"

Another wrote: "Anybody got three grand to spare for a ticket? I bet
that's what the going rate will be. Touts will have a field day with
this one."

And another comment said: "The tickets will be silly money to start with
and the sharks will make a killing.

"It will be hard for them to perform anywhere near their old levels, and
I fear there will be a whole lotta disappointment!"

Uncut magazine writer Chris Roberts told BBC Radio Five Live: "A younger
generation - as well as the people who might remember Led Zeppelin from
the first time around - are very excited about this.

  They're pretty much the Picasso of heavy rock

Chris Roberts
Uncut magazine

"Reunion tours are big at the moment - The Police, Genesis, etc - but
this is the one most people really didn't think would happen.

"They're pretty much the Picasso of heavy rock. Led Zeppelin's albums
have certainly lasted the test of time and they're pretty much the
template of heavy rock at its best."

With their pounding, blues-influenced anthems and explosive stadium
shows, the band paved the way for artists across the worlds of heavy
metal and alternative rock.

Their best-known songs include Stairway to Heaven, Whole Lotta Love,
Rock and Roll, Kashmir and Communication Breakdown - although they never
released singles in the UK.

OTHER RECENT REUNIONS
The Police
Genesis
Crowded House
The Spice Girls
Take That
Van Halen
The Smashing Pumpkins
The Jesus and Mary Chain

They are one of only four acts to have sold more than 100 million albums
in the US - the others being The Beatles, Elvis Presley and Garth
Brooks.

Led Zeppelin's last full concert was in Berlin in July 1980 - two months
before John Bonham died.

Page, Plant and Jones performed at Live Aid five years later, and also
get back together at a concert to celebrate the 40th anniversary of
Atlantic Records in 1988.

But a rift opened between Jones and the other two band members opened
after Page and Plant started working together without him in the 1990s.

Rumours of a reconciliation surfaced several years ago, leading to
speculation about a reunion.

Their return follows comebacks by a number of other rock and pop
legends, such as The Police, Genesis, the Spice Girls, Crowded House and
Take That.

The concert coincides with the release of a new two-CD best of
compilation, Mothership, on 13 November.

Other acts lined up for the show include Foreigner and Paolo Nutini.