Certified Rose at Las Vegas Show?

Alan McKendree amck at thenetdr.com
Tue Sep 4 20:18:45 CDT 2007

> From: Lowgens02 at aol.com
> Date: September 3, 2007 9:57:44 AM CDT
>
> Is that all you're offering Mac?What makes you think that the
> Starcke's don't
> have
> rehearsal footage of this in it's entirety? ;)

If anyone would, you would :-)

> From: FlashGordon <rgordon1276 at gmail.com>
> Date: September 3, 2007 10:07:46 AM CDT
>
> That's an interesting question on how you define "performed."  Do you
> consider the "Cry If You Want" jam to be a "performance" of the
> song?  I've
> seen the jams credited on some other issues, like "Country Line
> Special."
> Sometimes Pete announces it after it's played, too.

I would call that a My Generation/Cry If You Want/My Generation
medley.  Apparently just a tiny bit from a song is enough to qualify
in that way, like L at L was edited to cut out a tiny bit of "Spoonful"
to avoid paying royalties.

Anyway, Brian has removed the "Certified Rose" reference from
thewhothismonth.com, following my request and at least one other for
substantiation.

Cheers,
Alan McKendree
Townshend, 1967