Lydon on My Generation

Lowgens02 at aol.com Lowgens02 at aol.com
Sat Sep 1 19:59:56 CDT 2007

I finally read the whole interview,Ernie.As long as Johnny pokes fun of
himself and questions himself
and ponders his shy childhood,then the Pete thing,well it seems alot better
when all put into context.

Mike

>>>“There’s this thing in rock’n’roll and it crept in with that Who song: I
hope I die before I get old. That nonsense from Pete Townsend. I mean he
should be embarrassed for writing such a terrible line. It’s the silliest thing
ever.”

Even sillier is the idea that Johnny has no idea why anyone is fascinated
with him. As a man who was at the forefront of the punk rock movement, it’s
revolutionary he doesn’t see himself as revolutionary
“I don’t have any idea why I’m famous. I never did. There I am looking in
the mirror every morning going I can’t be the face, must be something else.

I used to be terribly shy. Awfully<<<<<<

In a message dated 9/1/2007 7:33:40 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
JOELTLE515 at aol.com writes:

> [...]
it?
he was probably asked a question and to use an example to back up his answer,
"hope I die before I get old" came into his mind<<<<