Lydon on My Generation

Lowgens02 at aol.com Lowgens02 at aol.com
Sat Sep 1 17:15:32 CDT 2007

John Lydon said:

>>I hope I die before I get old. That nonsense from Pete Townsend. I mean he
should be embarrassed for
writing such a terrible line. It¢s the silliest thing ever."...<<<<

In a message dated 9/1/2007 5:28:04 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
JOELTLE515 at aol.com writes:

Matt wrote:

>>>it wasn't on pete, it was on the line itself. who pete is and what pete
writes / sings are two different things<<<<

It's one of the,if not the greatest line ever written in rock n' roll history
but because John Lydon is not in the limelight these days and Pete
The Who are, and are allover the place,he wants to be able to be
connected to it all by stirring up controversy and getting his name
around again.As a friend of mine said,John wants to be able to be
found these days when someone googles "Pete Townshend" but the
author of OK Magazine f*cked that up for him by spelling Pete's name
wrong haha! j/k .The line "hope I die before I get old' wasn't literal, it was
a rebellious statement on authority which was the sign of the times in the
60's.Pete didn't say "take drugs,shoot yourself and die before I get old".
John Lydon,go back to your posh California home and your tupper ware
parties and just f..f..f..fff faaaade away!