Spinal Tap

Biggsk at aol.com Biggsk at aol.com
Tue Oct 30 21:28:00 CDT 2007

Hello,

So far as I am aware this film had nothing to do with The Who in terms of
its inspiration.  I used to know a guy that knew Harry Shearer (Derek  Smalls in
the film) and Shearer, for inspiration went on the road with British  metal
band Saxon.  The interviews that I read at the time of the film with  the other
main principles also stated that metal bands, particularly British  ones,
were the inspiration.

The film is much more of a parody of metal bands than anything else  although
some of those antics were copying what The Who had done to be  sure.

Greg Biggs
www.cvccollect.com