The Who and VW celebrate The Magic Bus...

O'Neal, Kevin W. Kevin.ONeal at vtmednet.org
Thu Oct 18 11:15:52 CDT 2007

Sorry if this is a dupe.
I can't recall seeing this.
Some nice photos on the web page.
Kevin in VT

http://www.thewho.com/?module=news_item&news_item_id=8

THE WHO AND VW CELEBRATE THE MAGIC BUS
8th October, 2007

HANOVER ROCKS WHEN LEGEND MEETS LEGEND
VW laid on a fabulous 60th Birthday celebration for its legendary Camper
Van, aka the 'Bulli', in Hanover last night and pulled off quite a coup
by inviting rock legends The Who to be the climax of the weekend. 40,000
fans of both legends rocked the city last night during a
suspension-rousing performance by the band. Singer Roger Daltrey was in
fine voice, with no signs of the bronchitis that affected him towards
the end of the last tour. Pete Townshend leapt and windmilled his way
through the set, propelling himself and the band, as usual, with huge
power-chords and blistering solos. The rest of the band (Simon
Townshend, Zak Starkey and John 'Rabbit' Bundrick were also in fine
form.
To suit the occasion, the set was designed to focus more on the Who past
than the Who present and included classics such as 'My Generation',
'Won't Get Fooled Again' and 'Pinball Wizard'. The only song from the
most recent Who album 'Endless Wire' was 'Fragments'. The band naturally
included 'Magic Bus', which was much appreciated by the audience of
Who/Bulli fans.

"Hanover was the place to be last night," says Roger Daltrey, ""All of
us in the band are VW fans."
"Of course, we used VW Buses as transport in our very early days as a
band," says Pete." It was the cool thing to do."

For a video clip, check out the ITN news story. CLICK HERE

SET LIST
Can't Explain
The Seeker
Anyway, Anyhow
Fragments
Who Are You?
Behind Blue Eyes
Baba O Riley
Magic Bus
Youu Betta You bet
My Generation
Cry if you want to
Won't Get Fooled Again

(ENCORE)
The Kids are Alright
Pinball Wizard
Amazing Journey/Sparks
See Me, Feel Me
Listening to You

NB Despite reports in the Press, the band did not perform 'Going
Mobile'.

Confidentiality Notice: